SSBA Communications Services provides for member boards a team of communications professionals uniquely experienced to provide communications advice and support. A range of services are made available to member boards of education, including:
- Media relations support – media training
- Issues management support and advice
- Research and analysis
- Communications tools and tactics advice and development: social media, key messages, news releases, etc.
- Strategic communications planning
- Writing and editing support
In addition to the services available to members, the Communications Services department also supports the efforts of the Association and the Executive, undertaken on behalf of our membership, with:
- Strategic communications advice and planning
- Media relations – SSBA news releases, press conferences, coordination with media, support for SSBA spokesperson(s), key messages, media coverage tracking
- Social media – SSBA website, Facebook and Twitter
- Research – member surveys and analysis
- Strategic planning and reporting
- Brand and identity – design of documents, logo, etc.
- Writing and editing support – speeches, correspondence, reports,
- Issues management
- Event support – photography, videography, planning and coordination
- Stakeholder relations support – communication and coordination with partners and stakeholders
- Provincial Bargaining communications support
Communications workshops and presentations are also provided to school board members and their staff, administration and SCCs in support of their work at the local level.
For more information or to inquire about booking a workshop or presentation, please contact:
Director of Communications (ext. 142)
Communication and Research Consultant (ext.131)