The SSBA represents the interests of school boards by advocating as a collective and unified voice for education. We do this by:
- Increasing awareness
- Improving engagement
- Sharing information
- Relying on evidence
- Encouraging collaboration
The SSBA offers information, support and strategic advice to member boards regarding:
- Advocacy campaigns and initiatives – including media relations
- Research and monitoring of trends on matters of importance to education
- Importance of local voice and locally elected school boards
- Initiatives and opportunities for board and public engagement
- Improving communication
Education Belongs to Community is a campaign school boards launched last year to bring forward local and community voice in education.
- Read the Education Governance Advisory Panel Review Report and the SSBA Submission to the panel.
- For more than 100 years, the work of the SSBA and its member boards has remained deeply rooted in the belief that every child in Saskatchewan, regardless of where they live or their personal circumstances, must have the resources and supports they need to achieve and succeed. Research shows that Local Boards Matter.
- School boards are committed to working with the Government of Saskatchewan to ensure the best outcomes for students, and that the focus in education stays steadfast on continuing the progress we are seeing with the Education Sector Strategic Plan and the Student First approach.
- For 2015-16, school boards identified approximately $9 million in accumulated efficiencies.
For information, advice or advocacy services, please contact:
Director of Communications (ext. 142)
Communication and Research Consultant (ext.131)