Education Belongs to Community is a campaign to share information and thoughts on the importance of local and community voice in education. Let the Government of Saskatchewan know that while they are considering changes in education, we need to keep our school boards democratically elected and keep decisions closer to our communities, for the benefit of all students.
Add Your Voice!
- Share your thoughts on the K-12 Education Governance Review
- Help us share this important message by taking our quick survey
- Like us on Facebook and YouTube
- Share your support using #EducationBelongstoCommunity and #SaskSchoolBoardsMatter
- Send a message to your MLA with our sample letter and this contact info
- Media Release — Public Engagement Will Inform SSBA Submission
- Backgrounder — “Add Your Voice!” Survey – Highlighted Comments
- Media Release — Governance Report Echoes Concerns Heard by School Boards
- Media Release — Community Voice Essential to Saskatchewan Education System
For more than 100 years, the work of the SSBA and its member boards has remained deeply rooted in the belief that every child in Saskatchewan, regardless of where they live or their personal circumstances, must have the resources and supports they need to achieve and succeed. Research shows that Local Boards Matter.
School boards are committed to working with the Government of Saskatchewan to ensure the best outcomes for students, and that the focus in education stays steadfast on continuing the progress we are seeing with the Education Sector Strategic Plan and the Student First approach.
This has proved to be a challenging fiscal year for the province and school boards have identified approximately $9 million in accumulated efficiencies for the recent school year. School divisions are dealing with significant challenges as a result of the current provincial fiscal situation and school boards are going to do everything in their power to ensure students are not negatively impacted by this situation.