REGINA – The 28 member boards of the Saskatchewan School Boards Association (SSBA) have chosen a new Provincial Executive to lead the organization.
The new Executive was selected during the SSBA’s Annual General Meeting this week and its members are as follows:
- Dr. Shawn Davidson, Prairie South Board of Education
- Aleana Young, Regina Public Board of Education
- Duane Favel, Ile a la Crosse Board of Education
- Jerome Niezgoda, Christ the Teacher Catholic Board of Education
- Jaimie Smith-Windsor, Saskatchewan Rivers Board of Education
- Martin Prince, Conseil scolaire fransaskois
- Joe Daigneault, Northern Lights Board of Education
- Janet Kotylak, Prairie Valley Board of Education
- Donna Banks, Saskatoon Public Board of Education
-Urban Public Constituency
The SSBA Provincial Executive members are all school board trustees. Representatives for the SSBA’s seven constituencies are chosen by the constituency members. All 28 school boards in the province are eligible to vote for the SSBA President and Vice-President.
The Executive advocates with a unified, province-wide voice on matters identified as important by the membership; promotes the important work of boards of education in improving outcomes for all students; and, builds relationships with key education sector partners and other stakeholders to ensure views of boards are represented in all considerations.